Saturday, May 24, 2008

Best restaurant... ever!


I totally love Prato Verde... it's without a doubt my favorite restaurant in Porto Alegre.

First of all it's really inexpensive... it's an all-you-can-eat buffet for only R$9.50 (US $5.73).

It's also vegetarian... not vegan, but that's not a problem for me. =)

The only thing is that it's kind of a pain to find parking nearby, but luckily it was nice out so a little walk wasn't a bad thing.

Today Will and I enjoyed cheese soufflé, spaghetti with TVP, tempura-ish cauliflower, rice and beans, potatoes in some sort of sauce (I really have no idea but it was great), these long things reminiscent of a vegetable pot pie, pineapple juice, and bananas with whipped cream and this great chocolate mousse-ish pie for dessert... not to mention the extensive array of salad and fruit items that were available.

I definitely recommend this restaurant and plan to eat there as much as possible while I'm in Porto Alegre!

No comments: